This blog has been a seedling stirring for some time but it’s finally coming to fruition so I’m very excited.
I’m relatively new to jewellery making, knitting, crochet and quilting. I’ve always been quite creative although never really found my niche until recently which is a bit of everything. This all came to light when I suffered a mental breakdown at work and finding my creative side has really helped in my recovery. I have also found that once you start walking the path of one craft you soon get sucked into another, not that I’m complaining although the bank balance may . have something to say about it ha ha.
I’ve taught myself some basics and hoping that as I travel on my journey and become more skilled I will meet lots of other lovely crafters along the way. I already follow some fab bloggers who I think have been a real inspiration in finally taking the plunge. However the real inspiration comes from the 3 D’s in my life who all have inspired me in their own way. My late Dad who has shown me that life is too short to sit around waiting, my beautiful little boy Dylan who I learn from everyday and my best friend David who’s always encouraging me and supporting me and helping me to believe enough in myself to be writing this today. Without them I don’t think I would have actually got this far and so the name is my dedication and way of saying thanks.
Anyway there’s a million projects that I want to do, sure you know the feeling but my main aims for 2012 are:
1. LEARN to quilt (I’m getting there slowly)
2. Make a quilt for me.
2. Make a quilt for Dylan and cushion (from fab Cat in the Hat Material)
3. Make David a quilt (fabric already in transit and on my Pinster board)
4. Make a quilt for David’s daughter out of her old clothes for her 11th birthday in March
5. Learn to crochet granny squares
6. Knit some slippers
7. Knit a hat
8. Make a picture out of fabric of my old drum kit
9. Sew some home decor bits and pieces (this is loosely committing myself at this stage ha ha)
10. Sew a few fabric boxes (got some awesome tutorials)
11. Attend course on Precious Metal Clay and make at least 1 piece this year
I’m sure there’s loads more I have missed as always looking for inspiration but don’t want to bore you before I’ve even started.
Anyway look forward to talking to lots of you on this exciting, unravelling journey.